Did you know STDs don’t always show signs and symptoms? That means if you’re at risk, you could have a sexually transmitted infection and not even know it. We provide testing and treatment for certain STDs and welcome you to get tested today. Safeguard your health, and get the care you need now.
What Is An STD/STI?
An STD stands for a sexually transmitted disease. STI is another way people refer to these diseases. STI stands for sexually transmitted infection. These are pathogenic infections that can cause health problems and even become life-threatening. STDs or STIs are caused by viruses, bacteria, or parasites and must be treated medically.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms?
Signs and symptoms can vary depending on the type of infection. Again, even if you have an STI/STD, you may have little to no symptoms. Sometimes manifestations are even confused with other conditions.
Some signs and symptoms that you could notice include:
- Sores or bumps on the genitals or in the oral or rectal area
- Painful or burning urination
- Discharge from the penis
- Unusual or odorous vaginal discharge
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Pain during sex
- Sore, swollen lymph nodes, particularly in the groin but sometimes more widespread
- Lower abdominal pain
- Rash over the trunk, hands, or feet
Can I Treat My STD/STI Myself?
No, STDs/STIs can be very dangerous, and to obtain the proper treatment, medical testing is needed to identify the causative pathogen. These infections cannot be treated by home remedies, and the longer medical treatment is put off, the more potent and hazardous they can become.
Am I At Risk?
According to the Mayo Clinic, you are at risk for an STI/STD if you:
- Having unprotected sex
- Having sexual contact with multiple partners
- Have a history of STIs
- Being forced to engage in sexual activity
- Misuse of alcohol or use of recreational drugs
- Injecting drugs
- Being between the ages 15-24
Contact us to inquire about STI/STD testing and treatment at Stillwater Life Services. It’s important to note our lab fees. Here are the costs for our STI/STD testing:
- Gonorrhea & Chlamydia $20
- HIV $12
- Syphilis $7
- Hepatitis C $7
- Herpes 1,2 Blood Draw IGG (chronic) $32
We also would like to note that we do not accept insurance for these lab fees. Any prescription treatment will be called in to the client’s pharmacy of choice.